The Mustard and Gray Darwin’s Menagerie collection is inspired but our studio’s proximity to Shrewsbury, the county town of Shropshire, and our most famous resident, naturalist, geologist and biologist Charles Darwin. Darwin kept a Menagerie at his home on the Mount in Shrewsbury and although there is little known about the flora and fauna he kept there we have designed his range based on vintage drawings and prints of the time.
PLEASE NOTE LEAD TIMES ON LAMPSHADES IS CURRENTLY 1-2 WEEKS.
Brighten up the home with this exquisitely designed lampshade from our Darwin’s Menagerie Range.
Animal & Palm motifs on fine china with bold base colours define Darwin’s Menagerie Collection. This design is inspired by local naturalist, geologist and biologist Charles Darwin. Using vintage prints from Asia, this design feature a Peacock, Leopard, Zebra in an enchanted garden of palms with striking colours adding updated appeal.
Small | 20cm Diameter x 18cm High
Medium | 30cm Diameter x 21cm High
Large | 45cm Diameter x 25cm High
This lampshade will fit the standard bayonet cap (BC) lamp, holder. This is the most common type of lamp fitting in the UK. It can also be used with Edison Screw (E27) lamp holders, most common in Europe, simply remove the converter plug in the centre of the fitting.
We recommend the use of low energy bulbs with our lampshades.
We print all fabric to order. Please allow 7-10 days for us to print the fabric and make a lampshade. If you need the lampshade in a hurry, drop us a message and we advise on the quickest turnaround we can achieve.
What makes this gift set so special?
• Our Mustard and Gray Handmade Lampshades are all made using fabrics designed in our Shropshire Studio.
• A perfect gift for young fans of space travel, the moon landings or simply staring at the stars
• This beautiful fabric is part of our larger Bramble Hill Farm range which includes cushions and Gesso Art Prints, stationery and note card sets.
• This is a perfect and thoughtful gift, ideal for birthday’s, Christmas, Hanukkah, or simply because you know a tiny human who loves farming and tractors.
• Available in three sizes and in Lamp or Pendant fittings.
• Unique lampshade designed and made in the UK.